CommTracks is the annual magazine produced by seniors from the Communications Department at Simmons University. Although CommTracks has been published as a print magazine since its inaugural issue in 2006, we have published the magazine online in an effort to carry on tradition despite the cancellation of in-person classes and senior celebrations due to COVID-19.
- Lauren Del Vacchio is a web design and development major with minors in media arts and graphic design. She previously interned as a photographer for Doc Wayne Youth Services.
- Mackenzie Farkus is a journalism major with a cinema and media studies minor. She is currently interning for WGBH’s higher education desk, served as a CONNECT program fellow with the Association of LGBT+ Journalists (NLGJA), and previously interned at the public records journalism nonprofit, MuckRock. Mackenzie was also a SURPASS fellow under Dr. Briana Martino.
- Caroline Smith is a journalism and public relations and marketing communications double major. She is currently an engineering communications intern at Pratt & Whitney, and previously served as an editorial intern at Brigham and Women’s Hospital.
- Emma Gottschalk is a graphic design and media arts double major with a cinema and media studies minor. She has interned as a social media marketing intern for Glynn Hospitality Group, the Simmons University Communications Office as a marketing and communications intern. She also worked as a Dean’s Fellow for the Gwen Ifill College of Media, Arts & Humanities.
- Molly Whitmore is a graphic design major. She has interned as the media manager, photographer, and administrator at Spartans Drum and Bugle Corps, and worked as a Dean’s Fellow for the Gwen Ifill College of Media, Arts & Humanities.
- Haley Rosenthal is a media arts and arts administration double major. She is currently the integrated marketing intern for the Boston Ballet. Prior to her internship at the Boston Ballet, Haley served as the marketing intern for NewportFILM, the Communications Fellow at Climate XChange, and the marketing and customer service intern for Oath Pizza.
Public Relations Team
- Kenna McCarthy is a public relations and marketing communications major. She has served as the digital service intern for 360PRplus, a realty marketing assistant for Daniel Gale Sotheby’s International Realty, the communications intern for Simmons University’s Sports Communications Department, and the director of student membership for the International Association of Business Communicators.